Grail Quest Race
- Location: Upton Bridge Farm, Long Sutton, Somerset, TA10 9NQ
- Distance: 8km and 16km for adults and 4.5km for children aged 7-16yrs
- Entry fee: There is a non refundable deposit of £15 per person
- Minimum amount: Suggested £200 (includes entry fee, ye medal and the balance goes towards raising funds for bibic) - There is also a non refundable deposit of £15 per person. Children are asked to raise as much sponsorship as they can
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact phone: 01458 253344
Grail Quest is a ye olde medieval themed obstacle course race based in Somerset, taking place over 8km or 16km with 50+ obstacles. You’ll have to attack “Battle Of Wessex” with the courage of a medieval Knight, conquer “Agincourt” and trample, crawl or swim through the trenches, there is also a children’s ‘Mini-knights race over 4.5km!
Your quest takes place on 5th September 2020 with obstacles, loads of water and mud, as well as stash and a medal at the end! A viewing area for friends and family and a large medieval village with axe throwing, archery, medieval weaponry displays, wholesome food and plenty of mead. Guaranteed to keep spectators entertained whilst their Knights are in battle, and all Knights once they’ve conquered their Grail. By taking part you are raising funds for bibic; helping children with learning difficulties and disabilities reach their full potential in life – Thank you!
Ye smallish print;
Event: The Grail Quest Race (Organisers SFGN Events Ltd)
Venue: Upton Bridge Farm, Long Sutton, Somerset, TA10 9NQ
Date: Saturday 5th September 2020
Time: 10am – 6pm (depends on numbers of Knights taking part)
Cost: Adults (16-99 yrs.) Suggested sponsorship £200 per person which includes race entry, donation to bibic and a medal. There is a non-refundable booking charge of £15 pp which if you are canny and raise a minimum of £200 pp sponsor monies that is all you will pay . The children’s race (7-16 yrs.) covers approximately 4.5km, it is recommended that an adult accompanies them and that children raise as much sponsorship as they can. Cost includes the race, a medal and a donation to bibic. You can enter through the race website without raising funds for bibic but that wouldn’t be very chivalrous would it! Like fighting the Black Knight with a Herring… Grail Quest Race
Attractions: There is a viewing area for families to go for free, a medieval village with food on sale. You can have a go at archery or axe throwing. There will also be a bar for that well-earned pint of mead after the race.
- What happens if it rains on the day? – you get even wetter!
- Can I do two laps? Of course you can and the second lap is free, in fact if you turn right and keep running you can be in Wales by Tuesday!
- Can I dress up as a Knight? It’s optional but looks great on Ye Face Booke.
- Is there a killer rabbit? Yes…with huge teeth!
- How do I enter? Oh yes, that bit…
How to enter
Fill in the Grail Quest Registration Form and post with your non-refundable booking charge to Sir Andy Hirst, bibic, Old Kelways, Somerton Road, Langport, Somerset, TA10 9SJ. (Andy is not really a Knight, they dressed him up like one)
Please read the payment details carefully and the closing date for entries is May 31st 2020. Please note that this event has a capacity limit so book early to avoid a huge, painful and overwhelming sense of failure. For further information ring Andy on 01458 253344 or email Andrew.email@example.com