- Location: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Distance: 69.5 km approximately
- Entry fee: Registration fee £475
- Minimum amount: £4,150
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Contact phone: 01458 253344
With its stunning snow-capped summit rising above the dusty African plains; beautiful views and spectacular ice formations and the amazing sense of acheivment will be your reward for pushing yourself to the limit both physically and mentally, this may be the mightiest of all charity challenges.
This is one of the most extreme challenges in the world, this follows the beautiful Machame Route, approaching Kilimanjaro from the south. Our route has been designed to allow a gradual acclimatisation to the altitude- with an extra day included from the more traditional Machame Route, this allows us to have more time to achieve summit success. With our exceptional support and care combined with highly trained challenge leaders and medics, we will succeed and conquer the toughest trek together as one.
This trek takes you through the dense tropical rainforest, moorland and scree until you reach Uhuru Peak, the highest point. Not only will you be completing one of the most challenging charity treks at altitude but you will be climbing one of the most impressive mountains in the world. On reaching the summit you will feel a overwhelming sense of pride and achievement- this is a truly unforgettable experience with exceptional support and encouragement along the journey.
You can download a Kilimanjaro Brochure NB describing the event in more detail here
How it works
You will be taking part in an Open Event scheme where you are required to raise a minimum of £4150 , a portion of which will pay for your event:
- £475 non-refundable deposit you pay to Global Adventure Challenges when you register
- £2,075 balance to Global Adventure Challenges taken from your sponsorship funds
- £2,075+ minimum will go straight towards changing lives at bibic
- Please note you will need to pay £250 in airport tax on the challenge
In short, everything you raise over £2,075 will go straight towards making a difference to the hundreds of families that visit bibic every year.
What you’ll get
- Your very own FREE bibic t-shirt to wear on the day
- Support from our dedicated fundraising team to help you achieve your goal
- A warm feeling, knowing that you have helped change the lives of children, young people and families struggling with disability and developmental difficulties
Sign me up
It’s really easy to book your place on this exciting challenge:
For this event, you are required to pay a registration fee payment of £475 which should be paid directly to Global Adventure Challenges. Once paid, you can then start working towards your fundraising target of £4,150. £2,075 of your fundraising will be used to pay the remaining cost of the event to Global Adventure Challenges.
Global Adventure Challenges will contact you 10 weeks before your event to ensure you have raised at least 80% of your target.
If you have any questions with regards to the form you can ring Global Adventure challenges on 01244 676 454
Have a team you want to sign up?
We want to make this as easy and fun for you as possible and are here to help you with your event.
To book a team get in touch with our fundraising team by calling 01458 253344 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can call Global Adventure Challenges direct on 01244 676 454