Providing support for Schools and Education
The key purpose of bibic is to ensure that children and young people with learning difficulties or disabilities can reach their potential. We believe that working together with schools and professionals, the family and the child provides the best chance of achieving that goal.
bibic has more than 45 years of experience as a service provider. As a result of this, we have become skilled in providing bespoke services for local authorities, schools and other organisations. These services include therapy packages for children and young people along with training and seminars for professionals and parents.
How we support schools and their pupils
We support children and young people with or without a diagnosis, with a wide range of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and conditions. These include Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Global Developmental Delay (GDD), Cerebral Palsy, Down’s syndrome, Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) and many more.
Focusing on the whole child; we have a team with a diverse range of skills. This enables us to look holistically at what is happening with each individual child. We are complementary to both the mainstream health and education systems. The information we provide can support with the development of an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) if required.
Common reasons for a child to have a bibic school assessment include:
- Struggling to maintain attention and focus
- Problems with behaviour
- Finding it hard to follow instructions or plan work
- Feeling socially anxious
- Difficulties with fine and gross motor skills
Training and services
bibic also offers bespoke training seminars, that are CPD certified, to schools, delivered by our experienced therapists.
The training will empower you and your team giving you support, strategies and confidence to help children with a disability or learning difficulty.
This training can be tailored to your needs or based around the following:
- Visual processing and Irlen
- Language development
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Working memory and processing
- Profound and multiple learning disabilities
- Managing extreme behaviour
- Encouraging childhood independence
- Social and emotional development including managing anxiety
- ASD related behaviours and de-escalation
- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Dysgraphia
Assess, identify and support
At bibic, we identify a child’s specific areas of difficulty and need as well as their areas of strength. We do this by observing and assessing their behaviour, cognitive skills, language and communication, social-emotional skills, gross and fine motor skills, and self-help skills.
The cost of our service to schools varies as we provide a bespoke plan depending on need.
Typically, our approach may include:
- Screening tools
- Observations in the school environment
- Recognised and standardised tests to tailor strategies
“bibic assessments offer us an invaluable different perspective. Therefore, they provide us with strategies and approaches that enable us to get the very best from our students, both educationally and emotionally, and give them the chance to fulfil their true potential.”
– New Fosseway School, Bristol
Achieve more with bibic
Following the assessment, the developmental therapy plan bibic provides to both the school and family has a life-changing, positive impact:
- Skills learnt can compliment existing strategies in place
- Teachers and classmates see positive results in the classroom
- Relationships are saved
- Parents and teachers are equipped with skills and knowledge to help the child cope better both at home and at school
- Skills learnt are transferable to other children
- Our strategies are designed around the school and the child, meaning they are easy to implement and work with what you have
To have a chat about how we can help your school or educational organisation, contact our Family Services Team here or call us on 01458 253344